Monday, January 10, 2011

Brahimy Starling

I was out birding with Richard and Liz King from Australia when we recieved a tip off some unusual Starlings at a garbage dump at Lampakbia. A short wait and our bins were on the very rare Brahimy Starling as well as a Common Starling. The former a lifer for me and the latter a Thai tick. I only had time to document the sightings but later home that night I posted the images on a Thai website.
In a couple of days no less then 50 photographers had invaded the garbage dump and were showing their works online.

A week later I had the opportunity together with Roland Graf from Germany to put myself in a blind. This is the result. The bird has now taken to free hand outs of meal worms and hopefully it will remain throughout the season for more visiting birders to see.





2 comments:

Ayuwat Jearwattanakanok said...

Such a nice opportunity for Thai birders! I wonder why there are still so few photos of the Common Starling...

Ike said...

Beautiful photographs of a remarkable bird ... I still would vote this one as the most handsome of all starlings in Thailand! -Great work with teh camera Peter!